Friday, February 3, 2012

snow day

We are in the middle of our first real
snow storm of the season. 
The kids are always anxious to get out and play.
(even though their nervous mother wishes they wouldn’t,
 as they are all getting over colds.) 
 It just so happens that we have the perfect sledding hill in our backyard.

snow day 2012

Almost an hour later,
 noses red,
 fingers frozen,
they all begged to come in. 
 Hot cocoa was already waiting for them on the table. 

We’d declared early in the morning that today would be a “snow-day”,
 as all of the local public schools had been closed. 
 Even if they hadn’t been closed, we would have still been out,
freezing, and enjoying the time together.
We really needed a fun day, since we all spent the week couped up
with this awful cold...

203


206


211


212


215

Uno, Sorry, mounds of books. 
Cuddled up cozy by the warmth of the fire,
 while the wind howls and blows.
A movie and popcorn to round off the afternoon. 
 Nothing quite like it really. 
 A perfect end to a hard week.


4 comments:

Mary Prather said...

I envy the snow! It has been 70 here this week. :-(

I am glad the week ended well! Thanks for linking.

Dawn said...

I can't decide if I am jealous of the snow or loving our warm weather here. Cute pictures.
Blessings,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun week. I love your photo collage.

I wish we would get some snow. I live in the Northeast and normally we get snow-not so much this year.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! Look at all those beautiful smiling faces! You can tell they were having a great time.